In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, I have undertaken a full risk assessment of my practice in line with British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) guidelines. I am taking the following steps to protect against the transmission of Covid-19:
Ahead of each appointment, I will need to assess you for risk you might have the Covid-19 infection, and the risk of you being in the ‘clinically vulnerable’ or ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ category.
This will involve me asking a series of screening questions over the phone or via email. I will then ask you to sign a paper consent form when I see you in clinic.
If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of the appointment, please contact me before attending the clinic.
In order to reduce my face to face time in the clinic, I will now be undertaking the consultation part of my initial consultations over the phone/online via Zoom ahead of treatment in clinic. These will take the form of a 30 minute phone/zoom consultation (where I take a detailed case history), followed by a 45 minute treatment in clinic.
One hour follow up appointments will take place in clinic, although the option of arranging a telephone check-in ahead of the treatment is available if preferred.
If you have had Acupuncture before, you will be aware that the tongue is an important diagnostic tool in Chinese Medicine. For this reason, to avoid the need to look at your tongue in clinic (which would be classed as an aerosol generating procedure), I will ask you to send me a photograph of your tongue ahead of each appointment. I have a short tutorial video I can share, which advises how best to take your photo. All tongue photos will be deleted as soon as I have examined them.
· On arrival at the clinic you will be required to wash your hands immediately.
· Please note, 30 minute gaps will be left between each appointment so as to thoroughly clean the clinic room between clients. All common areas will be cleaned thoroughly and regularly.
· Please note I will be wearing PPE for your appointment.
· I will require you to wear a face mask for your appointment. If you forget or do not have one, I will have spare surgical masks available.
After your appointment:
· Please inform me asap if you develop Covid 19 symptoms or have a confirmed diagnosis of Covid 19 within 14 days of your appointment.
· Please note, should I develop Covid 19 less than 48 hours after close contact with you, I will be obligated to provide your name and contact details to the NHS test and trace service.